Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday...(does it count if I have to work?)

Dottie was off yesterday; I managed to get up and we made it to an early show of "Man of the Year". I NEEDED THAT!

I don't care how many stars they're giving it, it's a good movie...not only things that need to be said, but some heart to it as well!

We shopped our way home (Sam's, Costco, Wal-Mart) then I went to work; slept later than I should have this morning (it's afternoon, lol) and I'm off to run a few errands before work.

The best thing about working Saturday (besides the paycheck) is cranking up "Prarie Home Companion" on my radio at 5pm! Things always brighten when I hear Garrison Keillor!

Hope you are all having wonderful Saturdays...

alan

7 comments:

Heidi said...

I want to see that movie..I can always count on plenty of laughs with Robin Williams..

Have a great Sunday~

mckait said...

i was watching a chris matthews show on msnbc... and robin williams was on.. and they were at a collge campus and had shown the movie to the students in the vast auditorium.
then they took questions..

a girl came up and gave away the ending..

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so mad! what an idiot.

I have been looking forward to the movie.. but i honestly think it is spoiled for me..
i won't bother to go see it.. but will watch the video eventually..

as for working on saturday.. i am spoiled ... i almost never do.. once in a while a sign up to work respite.. but, mostly.. i keep my saturdays for me..
see?
spoiled.

take care !

Nancy said...

Thanks for the thumbs up on Man of the Year.

Love Prarie Home Companion! How do they do that every week? I find it difficult enough to fill one post every few days!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Anonymous said...

i wana go see it :)

Kranki said...

I thought the premise of that movie sounded so good. So glad to hear it is worth the admission investment.

Hi Alan!

sjobs said...

Alan, I met that Minnesota boy Garrison, two years ago. He is doing his damnest to the dems elected in MN and around the country.

Miss you,

Mary

Hawaiianmark said...

Always get a kick outta PHC...

I think they are coming to our town.

Aloha.