Monday, May 17, 2010

Who will be next?



Not what I was planning for my next post, but when the link popped into my Twitter stream this morning, I had to share. Something I wasn't taught in high school and didn't learn of 'til I'd come home from serving in the Navy; something that led to a lot of examination of other aspects of "our" history (and others) that continues through today.

Something that convinces me that no matter how high we hold our "torch of freedom" it can be gone as quickly as "a candle in the wind"!

May the week be kind to each of you!

alan

2 comments:

Sassy said...

Yeah no kidding.

America seems to be losing something every day.

Calamity Jen said...

My sixth-grade teacher, Mrs. Sato, was in the internment camps as a girl. It was through her that I first learned of the camps and the treatment of the Japanese during that period. As an adult, I read the autobiographical writings of famous environmentalist and scientist Dr. David Suzuki, who was also in the camps. I was again horror-struck. No "minority" is safe from bigotry and unfair treatment, and I fear that this will never change.