Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mom and Dad's Wedding photo, 1950


Introduced by Dad's "little" brother, who she went out with a few times first, they started dating in February, 1950. He was 23, she was 20. They married the first week of May, driving to Quapaw, (yes, that's a real name) Oklahoma where my Grandfather (you met two weeks ago) was assigned at the time. Grandpa performed the ceremony, they drove back to Kansas City and went back to work on Monday. They saved that first year and took their honeymoon the next, to Minnesota to go fishing. Her Mom and Dad went along...!

alan

11 comments:

sjobs said...

A wonderful photo.

Your parents look like they made the perfect couple.

www.kimmy.cc said...

So pure. I watched Pleasantville yesterday, and almost wish for the Donna Reed, Father Knows Best time :)

Are you in KS or MO?

sttropezbutler said...

Ah..1950...

They got married..I arrived on the planet.

Lovely photo.

STB

Anne said...

sweet photo.
not exactly a romantic honeymoon, but hey.... it was a different time.

cathie said...

My parent's wedding photo is quite similar - although amost a decade later. No long white dress for my mom. I think she actually wore the same suit as your mother!


Great photo!

Lori said...

This is really sweet and reminds me of my parents, wed in 1949. (I recently posted their wedding pic also on my blog as their anniversary was Jan. 1)

Thanks for your nice comments, also,
Alan. Very much appreciated!

nancy =) said...

what a darling photo...i especially love your mom's shoes!!...i want a pair just like them!!

peace...

Nancy said...

Oh, I love old photos of parents! They look so young and happy! Thanks for sharing!

RED QUILT MAKER said...

I only have one thing to say...

Your mother was a very "fortunate woman".

rQm

Dr. Deb said...

Love this!

Carie said...

what a wonderful pair they make :o)

what a wonderful photo