Friday, September 28, 2007

Westbound and down!

This is the weekend my truck goes on it's first real road trip. Pulling a 3,000 pound metal flatbed with a '67 Galaxy on it from Lawrence, KS. to Laramie, WY.. I've had "her" a year, and she barely turned over 8,000 miles this last week...

No real news at work; they are taking the "higher ups" in all the locals to Memphis this weekend to explain the contract to them, so they can come back and explain it to us this next week so we can vote sometime late in the week or on the weekend. I was told we won't see anything on paper 'til around Wednesday. Rumors abound...

So I'm going to figure that worrying won't change any of it, and that no matter what they throw at us I will be all right, somehow. My depression of a few days ago (that feeling of being relegated to the scrap heap) has given way to a resolution to survive.

Thank you all for the kind words and kind thoughts; they meant very much during some dark hours!

May your weekends be fantastic!

alan

11 comments:

Sublime said...

HI Alan,

Just popping in to say hello! It's been so long since I've had a chance to read any blogs. I totally miss everyone.

I hope your weekend is fantastic as well. Be safe on your trip.

Take care,
Sublime

Jennifer said...

Have a fun, safe, regenerating road trip. Lock & load, as my dad used to say!

robin andrea said...

Have a safe journey. I hope you bring your camera. You're going to be driving through some beautiful country.

Barbara said...

A '67 Galaxy! Tres cool! 1967 was the year I came to Canada. Have a safe trip.

Kranki said...

Have a fun and safe drive. Can't wait to see pics of the car. It is older than me!

Heidi said...

Have a great weekend..Stay safe~

Jess said...

Have a good weekend Alan, and try not to worry. Doesn't seem to do any good. Things will work out the way they are suppose to and you'll be ok :-)

Mary said...

I hope you had a wonderful journey.

Also, call my a bad friend. I thought about you during the strike but just didn't pop in. We have been busy around these parts. That really is no excuse.

Talk toyou soon.

Mary

TK said...

So glad you're getting away! Happy weekend, Alan. Been thinking about you this week, holding my breath...

xo Inger

Dr. Deb said...

I love the CB lingo title of the post!

mckait said...

hope you have been having a wonderful time....

I am trying to get back to posting but much much to do...
thinking of you tho

k