Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hmmmmmm...

I took a vacation day last Friday and we fished; Dottie worked both days this weekend, and Sunday after she came home John surprised her by taking us out to dinner at one of those places we'd probably never go on our own. Not only the surprise of the dinner, but getting to spend time with him, Noel and the grandkids on Mother's Day was the highlight of her year, I think!

Monday we both worked; Tuesday I took another vacation day to coincide with her day off. I knew it was going to rain early, so we went to see "Spiderman". Good movie, good tie up for the trilogy if it ends there! It was supposed to clear off around 3, but the drizzle and wind were still going at 4 so she talked me into changing the water filter under our kitchen sink and the hose to the spray nozzle on that faucet.

I shut off the water to the house, changed out the filter, then walked outside to go to the garage and get some tools- wouldn't you know the sun was out, the wind had quit and it had warmed up to close to 70!

Of course, the hose didn't cooperate and by the time I finished and had the water back on it was a bit after 6 and too late to bother to hook the boat up and go fishing before dark....

But, at least that's one thing off the list for this weekend!

We are hoping to take the grandkids for their first rides in the boat this Saturday, and that evening we'll give Dillon the rest of his birthday presents. When we had the party at the park for he and Andrew (his best friend, and son of Noel's best friend) the other week, Andrew's classmates were supposed to come as well, and it was decided that we should just take one gift that day and save the rest for later...

Sunday, despite the crowds, I hope to get a line wet!

I have her next Friday and Tuesdays off as vacation as well; they happen to coincide with my 3 day Memorial Day weekend. I don't know if she's figured out I have 5 off in a row yet...I may have to make that up to her somehow!

I hope the week is being kind to you all!

alan

9 comments:

b o o said...

my weekend was fab but my week at work has been tough *sigh* oh well

HUGS

CrackerLilo said...

I'm so glad life's being good to y'all right now! You *totally* deserve it. I hope you get a line wet, too, and not due to rain.

Dr. Deb said...

II hope you get to go fishing soon too.

Kranki said...

Sounds like a great mix of fun, chores and work. You lead a well balanced life, Alan. Right on!

mckait said...

Well.. the weekend is almost here again.. thank the goddess!

I am feeling a bit burned out and work.. and soon we will have a break. I work an odd schedule since I work with the preschool kids. so i am off a month.. on for 14 days and off again for a month....I can live with that.

My husband just bought a boat.. a johnny boat? I don't know.. I haven't even seen it.. but it will get him out fishing and leave me the house to myself!

Hae fun with those fabulous grands!

Green tea said...

*laughing* when I read Kathy's post,,for years I have tried to get my Hubby
to go fishing...I love Northerns and Walleyes..but I don't like fishing and neither does my Hubba.

So I have to go to Red Lobster for my fish.

Good luck Alan Hope you get your limit...

Hawaiianmark said...

Go fish!

Enjoy my friend.

Aloha!

Heidi said...

Have a great weekend and enjoy your " fish time" :)

robin andrea said...

Hope by the time you read this, you have come home from a nice day fishing. I always love a good fish tale! I just know you'll tell a good one.