Friday, November 14, 2008

Week's end!

Shopping lists assembled along with the "cooler bags" I'm headed out to make the weekly shopping run. By the time I get back, put it away, and vacuum, Dillon will be here to spend the weekend.

After he picks a movie, I plan to slip downstairs to my "dungeon" until time to fix dinner for he and Dottie. Disappointed to find the shelf at the "front" of my basement wet again this morning, I discovered that the leak isn't in the cinder block wall as it appeared, but is the drain bucket in the dehumidifier leaking and running that direction! Lowe's has been added to my list...

May the weekend be wonderful for each of you, and may Monday be kind as well!

alan

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

May your weekend get drier! (Dryer? More dry!)

[[Also -- when putting the mower away for the winter, should the gas tank be empty, or full, or in between? MrZ's taking the kid to see a college in TX this weekend, and he don't know nothin' bout storin; no mower anyhow...]]

robin andrea said...

I've been wondering how you feel about GM's woes. Are you hearing from old co-workers? What do you think about a bail out? Would your pension be at risk if GM isn't bailed out? I would love to hear your take on the situation.

Hope your weekend goes well too, alan.

Calamity Jen said...

I'm glad that the water problem is a leaky humidifier rather than a leak in the foundation. We're dealing with water issues from a number of sources, including foundation issues, eavestrough issues, flat-roof issues, plumbing issues... We have many issues. If only we could ship our excess water over to California where they really need it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Anji said...

Do you want to hear about the way our ventilation system seeps water because of the condensation when the air inside hits the roof space? It's kind of comforting to know that almost everyone has 'damp' problems.

I can't help thinking I wish I had a husband like you - shopping vacuuming and so on...

Have a good Sunday!

Lois Lane said...

How big are Dillon's fingers? Maybe he can just stand there plugging the hole. Hey, it may save you a trip to Lowes. LOL!

Happy Sunday!

fineartist said...

Oh right on, though it's a bummer to have to replace a drain bucket it would be even more of a bummer to have to replace a leaking cinder block wall. xoxo, Lori

Debbie K said...

I really hope your pension stays safe & is not used by GM for a very rainy day.

(((((Peacefull beams)))))
Debbie
x