Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve...

strains of Guy Lombardo's "Auld Lang Syne" remembered from my childhood playing in my mind...

Off to my sister's in a bit for the family birthday/New Year's Eve parties. My nephew (Christmas Eve), myself (the 29th) and Bill's wife Laura (Jan. 30th, but, hey; while she's here)!

I've often spent this last week of the year in a funk of reviewing and lamenting (see my last post) but not this year. I refused to wallow in it and have actually succeeded, though I'm not sure how much is due to my own free will and how much is due to how busy things have been.

Last year I said I was going to try to keep things here on a more positive note; that ended up with my not saying things at times because there just wasn't anything positive to say and my feeling guilty when I wrote things that weren't; neither was much good for me. So this year, I'm just going to write and let it fall where it falls.

I've made many wonderful friends here; each of you has touched me in ways that have helped me, guided me, healed me...I owe you all so very much!

So I'll hope that tonight finds you somewhere you'd like to be; that tomorrow you are still somewhere you'd like to be and that both of these days, the weekend and the New Year that begins tomorrow are all very kind to each of you!

alan

7 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

Happy new year to you and yours, Alan! May 2010 be kind!

chocdrop said...

Happy New Year

Hawaiianmark said...

Happy 2010 Alan!

Aloha

Green tea said...

Wishing you well and good health to you and Dottie in the New Year.
Think Spring...:)

Lucie G said...

Happy new year x

Dru Marland said...

Hi Alan! Happy nooyur, plus a few days...

Anji said...

Happy new Year - here's to another year of blogging.