Monday, December 19, 2005

Graduation in the snow...

on Saturday morning was quite fun; we all got there safely in spite of the city's lack of effort at dealing with it. I am glad it worked out, at he has worked long and hard to get his degree, working full time and going to school carrying too many classes at one time while trying to have a family life and raise 3 kids.

The rest of Saturday was a celebration at his house, which also became two of the family birthdays later in the afternoon; his wife's and my nephew, turning 18. Seems like yesterday my Dad and I were photographing my sister's wedding...

Yesterday was 12 hours of Christmas shopping and errands, and this morning I finally got 8 hours sleep for the first time in two weeks! That could be a Christmas treat all in itself!

Off now to get one of the last two presents and go to work; looking forward to the holiday shutdown next week as a chance to catch my breath.

Hope you are each finding a moment here and there to enjoy the season, and the company of those you lovel Sometimes it's so hard to quit running and just be!

alan

2 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

Alan..

Hope you're finished and getting ready to have a nice holiday vacation!

STB

nancy =) said...

go easy on yourself, alan...i'm so happy you'll have some time off next week...

peacemas...