Thursday, December 22, 2005

That's what I get...

for thinking I could put up a link that would work, lol! The blog column I was trying to share was entitled "Why We Fight", and of course my link takes you to the newest entry...someday I'll get the hang of this!

Gearing up for the Friday dinner and Christmas party at work; 15 pans of brownies through the oven tonight, and 5 more to go tomorrow night, plus a couple of extras for the family or maybe the wife's Christmas party at work on Friday. Next year I think I'll put in for vacation, just to avoid this, lol! I started out to do something for the teams I stock for, and it has snowballed over the years, like everything else I get involved in...plus I worry too much about hurting someone's feelings or saying "no" when I probably should!

Once more into the breach, my friends, the timer on the oven is calling!

alan

6 comments:

I n g e r said...

Aw, you're a mensch, Alan. And I can smell those brownies from here... Hey, what's another tray for your old friend Inger?!? :)

Peace, love and happiness.

Nancy said...

How sweet of you to make all those brownies. That is a lot of work and I am sure it is done lovingly. You must be a great guy Alan!

Re: Spanglish, I didn't see the out takes. Sadly, I watched it on HBO or some such pay channel. Now I need to rent it. I would love to see him learn how to make the sandwich with the real chef!

sttropezbutler said...

Yum!

Brownies...and not the idiot that used to head FEMA.

Now that's what I call Merry Christmas!

Peacemas..

STB

sjobs said...

WOW, men that bake to right by me...So, do you put nuts in them.

I loved your post about the watch lists. It crossed my mind a few times to start checking out books on bomb making and the mideast. Part of still would like to. Add the fact that my daughter's birthparents are most likely Moslem and it fits...

Thanks for stopping by. Your message made my day.

Have a great holiday!!!!!

Anne said...

enjoy the days ahead, alan.
thanks for your good vibes.
refreshing, around here!

nancy =) said...

all the best to you and yours over the holidays, alan...you have truly been a bright light during some dark days for me, and i am so thankful for that...you truly are a wonderful human =)

wishing you warm, joyous and peaceful days ahead!! happy peacemas =)

~ n