Thursday, April 06, 2006

Here they go again!

It seems it's time for "them" to "rally the troops" in time for the fall elections: guess who they're attacking to do it? (Click on the title for story.)


Even though I know my Senators will be among the first in line to vote for this, I still sent it, adding the following to the beginning of the text I know no one will ever read:

"That anyone would consider institutionalizing prejudice and hatred using our Constitution is one of the saddest things that has arisen in my lifetime! If you substitute the word "slavery" for "marriage", would you vote for this?"

Hopefully if enough e-mail shows up they will table it rather than bring it to a floor vote; we have to try!

alan

11 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Big day in Washington for the immigration issue. One can only hope and flood emails!

~Deb

alan said...

Yes, and I'm getting so cynical that I wondered if they were using that as a "blind" to try to slip this one through...!

alan

puhpaul said...

Thanks Alan, I would send my name in too, but I don't think they care about what a Canadian would have to say about equal rights for the GLBT community.

alan said...

Sadly they don't even seem to care what we think...

alan

Nancy said...

Sad is right Alan. They don't give care what we think. It makes me ill.

Mystical Me said...

Very well said my dear!! I do hope all is well with you. I m truly sorry I have been MIA for awhile, I havent been feeling well. Do take care sweetheart. Sincerely, MM XOXO

sttropezbutler said...

Thank you Alan.

STB

Connie in FL said...

I sent mine. Thanks Alan.

robin andrea said...

Even though we know that our emails and phone calls are ignored, we still have to send them. I am so glad that you take your civic responsiblity seriously. In many ways I think our "representatives" rely on us to be quiet and not care.

Senator Tom Harkin has a peition on his website www.tomharkin.com -- he's asking for people to sign it in support of censuring the president. We have to figure out how to have our voices heard. Senator Harkin is one way.

mckait said...

Well.. it isn't a surprise to know that they don't care what we think.. but, it is still sad. I burn up the web writing to Santorum.. the hateful S.O.B. and Hart and a few choice others.. but?

I signed of course.. love is love is love.. I feel that we fall in love with a person, not a gender.. but that is a story for another day..


hope you are having a nice weekend.. and a peaceful one!

Tausha71979 said...

Hey Alan!

Sorry my post has nothing to do with yours...I just wanted to stop in and say hello! Oh and to invite you over for some pizza and red hot...ha!!!

xxtaushaxx