Monday, June 09, 2008

10 more work days...

and it can't go by fast enough! Going back on the 10 hour days then trying to get up on the weekends is wreaking mental and physical havoc with me...

Caleb (the younger grandson) spent Friday and Saturday nights. I tried to get up early on Saturday but didn't make it 'til noon. We had errands to run which included buying his first model; he picked an F-14 "Tomcat". Bill came and mowed while we were out, so Caleb got to play outside when we returned and again yesterday before the next round of rain began. I played catch with my bifocals on for the first time, as I was doing other things around the house and finally making the wiring drop for the treadmill.

After I finished and plugged in the surge suppressor, etc., we discovered that the safety key is missing, so in a minute I'll be on the phone...

Having screwed up my hours for the last two days, today I kept resetting the clock until 3, so I'm a bit short of time before I go to work now!

I hope you each had a wonderful weekend, that all of you are "high and dry" given the current situation so many places, and that the week is kind to each of you!

alan

7 comments:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

You're sounding super busy.

Weekend was fine around here, but you can't walk the yard without hearing the sound of squish squish. It's getting a little insane, all this water, but we're not too bad off, and my garden is catching up to everyone else's.
So there's that. :)

I hope you're getting enough sleep.
Good luck with the treadmill. Makes me feel guilty that mine's so dusty.

HAR said...

TEN DAYS?? What is the first thing that you will do on your first day of retirement??

I am so happy for you Alan. I know that you will be working somewhere else and that's good for the mind but maybe you can have a normal sleep pattern again. It will make you feel like a new man. That and the treadmill.

Shinigami Liz said...

Ack, I will be blogging about the flooding here, pretty bad. I'll be counting down the days with ya :)

Anji said...

It's very hot here -too hot. How did you get on playing catch wearing your bifocals?

sttropezbutler said...

Hope all is well!

STB

Connie in FL said...

Where's the party?
The time will pass quicker than you know and it'll all be over.

Excited for you!

CrackerLilo said...

I hope the week is kind to you, too!

I'll count down the days with you. :-)