Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My good intentions aside...

I had planned to get here earlier today...

A few new photos from Vermont in the Flickr stream. Photoshop runs so much better on this thing with the extra RAM! I've been reading the "Dummies Guide" I bought and learning things I hadn't managed to find on my own in the years I've been playing with it...not surprising I guess, but I'd have thought I knew more, lol!

Should have bought the book long ago I guess.

We finished shopping for Talia's birthday yesterday. Her actual birthday was on Monday, but the family party will be on Sunday. Before they went to go take her birthday portraits John called to borrow a space heater as his central furnace had stopped and it was down to 50F. in the house. He also called the service people who had just worked on late last summer because the A/C had stopped working. It turned out to be a dead thermostat and since they were already there and he didn't want to take time to go get one and for us to change it he paid them to. I'm glad he had them diagnose it, because the idea of burning up his Lennox Pulse with me trying to jumper things didn't enthuse me much...

Bill and Laura have found a place to live for a while in Virginia, a house where they will rent one floor from a couple with a toddler. It won't be more than where he has been, with more room and they seemed to hit it off with the couple, unlike his current "landlord".

Of course, they still can't take their cats...

So that's the view from the Heartland for Wednesday!

May the rest of the week be kind to each of you!

alan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Cats? What kind of person doesn't allow cats? Everyone needs cats. jdm

Leon1234 said...

Hey, you! How are you doing? I am with you.. I rather have dogs...:)

Jennifer said...

I've never been patient enough for photoshop. Good for you for keeping at it!

How are those cats getting along at your house, anyway?

The weekend is almost here! Have a fun birthday party on Sunday!

ryssee said...

Glad they have landlords they like. Too bad about the kitties but I'm sure by now it's not that much of a hardship, and still fun for you!
No comments on the inauguration? I for one am thrilled, but I couldn't find anything to say that hasn't already been said, so my next post will probably be about pork chops or something else inane, while I wait, watch, and listen.

robin andrea said...

As I was reading this post, I was noticing some of the slideshow going by, alan. You've got some fantastic photos. There was one shot of the moon and another of a sunset that was stunning.

Hope the party is grand. Have a great weekend.